Journey to Compassion: Part 2 (A Buddhist Technique)

In this post, I'd like to share a Buddhist technique for being compassionate. For the most part, we all care very much about our mothers. I know my mother has done so much for me, and that I can never repay her. The best I can do is treat her with kindness and respect whenever I interact with her.

The thing is, every one of us has had multiple incarnations. In my previous life, you could have been my mother. In your previous life, Taylor Swift could have been your mother. You really don't know. If you're in a public space right now, look around and realize that any of the people in your vicinity could have been your mother in one of your past lives. Doesn't that make you want to treat everyone with compassion? This is a well-known Buddhist technique. It also works for Bardonists because like Buddhists, Bardonists also believe in reincarnation. In fact, Bardon mentions the subject of past lives at several points in his three books.

Mothers sacrifice a lot for their children. When you are mean to someone, you are being mean to a person who could have been your mother in a past life. In other words, you are being mean to someone who could have sacrificed a lot for you in a past life. If you keep this in mind, it should discourage you from being mean to anyone, regardless of how nasty or rude they are treating you. Treat everyone with compassion because you never know if the person you are dealing with was your mother in a past life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

William Mistele's Writings on Saturn

How Will the Implosion of the Titan Affect the Bardon Community?

Five Considerations for Unvaccinated Bardonists